Durbar Square is one of the best place to visit during your trip to Kathmandu.
The Hanuman Dhoka (Kathmandu) Durbar Square is situated in the heart of Kathmandu at Basantapur. This Durbar Square (like the Patan Dubar Square & the Bhaktapur Durbar Square) was listed as one of the eight Cultural World Heritage site by UNESCO in Nepal.
Kathmandu Durbar Square never fails to impress first time visitors, is a cluster of ancient temples, courtyards and palaces built during the Malla Dynasty period (15th to the 17th century).
Visit Kathmandu Durbar Square.
- The Kasthamandap (Wooden house) that gives the city its name
- Kumari Ghar : The residence of Kumari Deli, the living Goddess.
- The Taleju Temple: The oldest on this Durbar Square (1564)
- Kala Bhairava and Seto Bhairava (only on Indra Jatra Festival)
- Trailokya Mohan Narayan Temple
- Asta Yogini – Shiva Parvati Temple
- Hanuman Dhoka Palace
For foreigner visitors, the entrance fee here is 300 Rs (~3 Euros)